Job vacancies: deadline 17 May 2020 / UNEP-Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) Guideline Development Expert.
In support of the National Adaptation Plan Global Support Programmme (NAP-GSP), the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) is offering an exciting new consultancy for an Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) Guideline Development Expert.
The candidate must be a highly qualified and dedicated individual who has significant experience with developing assessment tools, and specifically tools and methods for integrating climate change into adaptation planning. It is also desirable that the expert has experience with ecosystem-based adaptation approaches to climate change.
Apply for the position here!
UNEP and UNDP implement a wide range of ecosystem-based adaptation projects, spanning most continents of the world. The Global Adaptation Network is helping to consolidate the best practices and experiences from this expansive EbA portfolio. The lessons from these projects will be used to develop a set of guidelines on how to integrate EbA approaches into National Adaptation Plans.
These guidelines are expected to:
• Help Least Developed Countries programme/design NAPs linked to EbA, and in so doing, supporting them to meet their international climate change commitments;
• Provide an in-depth coverage of issues across climate adaptation;
• Consider a systems approach while developing guidelines;
• Connect to other MEA processes;
• Help clarify the nature-based solutions (NbS) term as it applies to EbA.
13 Μαϊου 2020