PARIS REINFORCE - OCTOBER 2020
Kicking off an online series of co-creative stakeholder workshops!
PARIS REINFORCE is getting ready to resume its national and regional stakeholder workshops, in the virtual domain.
Join our upcoming e-workshops in Kenya, India, the Central Asian/Caspian region, and the EU.
A PARIS REINFORCE e-workshop, aimed at capturing the Kenyan national context and stakeholders’ perspective
DATE: 28th October 2020 | TIME: 11.00 – 14.00 (GMT+3)
Location: The virtual domain (link upon registration)
Online registrations here
In collaboration with the Technical University of Mombasa, and acknowledging that priorities and concerns of policymakers, industries and citizens largely differ across different countries in the world and across stakeholder groups, the project organises its first virtual, national stakeholder workshop in Mombasa, Kenya, aiming to mobilise knowledge embedded in individuals coming from governments, business, NGOs, academia, and the civil society; and to design well-informed and meaningful scientific activities in support of climate policymaking at the national and regional level.
The workshop will will be chaired and coordinated by Dr. Ioannis Tsipouridis and Prof. Michael Saulo (Technical University of Mombasa) and comprise sessions detailing the capabilities of the PARIS REINFORCE models for Kenya and the broader region, presenting our findings on climate action and sustainable development in Eastern Africa, as well as defining with participants the most pertinent climate policy questions. Stakeholders can expect the following:
• The PARIS REINFORCE project in brief, introduced by Prof. Haris Doukas (National Technical University of Athens)
• The project’s modelling ensemble and its use in informing Kenyan mitigation pathways, presented by Dr. Ajay Gambhir (Imperial College London, Grantham Institute)
• Designing policies for achieving simultaneous progress in multiple SDGs: an integrated assessment modelling exercise for Eastern Africa, presented by Dr. Dirk-Jan van de Ven (Basque Centre for Climate Change)
• Discussion: Low-emissions, resilient infrastructure - Paris and SDGs are inseparable, chaired by Mr. Zsolt Lengyel (Institute for European Energy and Climate Policy)
• Discussion: Interpreting the Paris Agreement, facilitated by Dr. Hannah Parris (Cambridge University)
• Live polls: Co-designing research questions and modelling parameters, facilitated by Dr. Alexandros Nikas (National Technical University of Athens)
More on the agenda and a registration form can be found here.
Stay tuned for our upcoming workshops in India, EU (regional), and Central Asian/Caspian countries!
23 October 2020