Green Energy Future South Korea 2020 / 13-14 MAY 2020.
13th May_Green Energy Future South Korea 2020-Co-located with 1st Korea Wind Energy
According to Korea’s 5th Renewable Energy Master Plan 2019, To achieve its renewable energy target, the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy (MOTIE) of Korea has been tasked to identify measures. The master plan aims to add 30.8 GW of solar power capacity, and 16.5 GW of wind power capacity by 2030. And 8.19 GW Offshore Wind has been planned in 2019.
Beyond a premium business platform, Green Energy Future South Korea 2020 (GEF Korea 2020)is far more of a platform for gaining great insights, and will be held on May 13-14 in Seoul, South Korea, a fast-growing country standing out in the world renewable energy market.
GEF Korea 2020 will gather a full industry chain to discuss the orderly planning roadmap, future flourishment of Solar, Wind, Storage, as well as the cutting-edge projects that shapes the country’s renewable plan. Day 2 – May 14 will have two Parallel Sub-forum, co-located with 2nd Korea Solar + Energy Storage and Korea Wind Energy respectively.
o May 13, Tuesday: Plenary Conference (Solar & Wind & ESS)
o May 14, Wednesday: Solar + Energy Storage Forum – Room A; Wind Forum – Room B
Here, you will meet a total of 600+ high-level attendees, including governmental officers, utilities, local and international developers, investors, financiers, solution providers, and learned experts, who devote themselves to South Korea’s Green Energy Future.
- Renewable Energy 3020 Plan: Increase the share of renewable energy in generation mix by 20% by 2030, around 63.8GW, more than 95% of new capacity is PV & Wind.
- Third Energy Basic Plan (draft): Power production from renewables reaches 35% by 2040, with a total capacity of between 103GW and 129GW.
- Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS): Utility companies exceeding 500 MW generation capacity are required to supply 10.0% of their electricity from new and renewable sources by 2024 (now 6%).
- Renewable Energy Certificate (REC): a certificate that proves that a supplier provides energy by using renewable energy, and the sale price may fluctuate in real-time or on a day-by-day basis.
- 16+ GW new capacity by 2030
- The total size of 8.19 GW in offshore wind is planned
- Wind power project + ESS, the REC weighting is 4.5 times
- Up to October 2019, 83 wind farms, total capacity about 9.4GW, are in the pipeline and operation
o Forge ahead RE 3020 Target and Beyond
o Investment and Financing Process of Renewable Energy in South Korea
o New Opportunity and Contingency of 3GW Giant Solar + Wind Projects
o Great Leap Forward to Offshore Wind Development
o System Reliability Evaluation of Renewable + Energy Storage in Korea
o Floating Solar & Offshore Wind Projects
o Case Study: 500MW Floating Offshore Wind Farm in Ulsan City, South Korea
o Customized 1-1 Meeting Platform for Business Matching
More than 500 1-1 meetings are expected to be arranged during the 2-day event through our 1-1 meeting platform, and a discreet 1-1 meeting area will be used for the private meetings. Jublia 1-1 Meeting Platform will send you an unique login link two weeks before the event. All you need to do is just signing in the system, and then you can match other attendees based on your intention and meeting invitations.
o Happy Hour Time - Cocktail Reception, Coffee Break & Daily Catering
Enjoy buffet lunches, refreshment breaks, and cocktail reception with all delegates and exhibitors. Expand connections, visit exhibits and discuss business opportunities. Network with renewable professionals in the South Korea market, which could create the giant possibility to build the partnership with them.
Please kindly find the attached Conference Brochure (#GEF-SK 2020) for your further reference, and really looking forward to meeting you in Seoul in May, 2020!
16 December 2019
Green Energy Future South Korea